NYX goodies


Swatches; Raisin, Spice, Burgundy and Rose

NYX isn't a brand I often come by, but I hear great things about it on YouTube / the blogosphere. When I passed a local beauty shop and saw they were having a 30% sale on the brand, I couldn't resist having a peek.

I picked up the powder blushes in Raisin (left) and Spice (right). Raisin is a light taupe colour which has a lot of brown in it. The pigmentation of it is good and the powder applies very nicely to the skin. I bought this to use as a contour colour as I'd heard it's good for pale skin. I find it looks very natural and works better than the bronzer I was using. Spice is a dusty rose colour which is very pigmented; it's very easy to over-do it with this blush! It has a very faint silver shimmer running through it, but this barely shows up on the cheeks.

I've been really enjoying wearing lip pencils recently, skipping the lipstick altogether and creating a long-lasting stain with a pencil. I did want to pick up a red colour, but they didn't have any. Instead I opted for Burgundy (bottom) and Rose (top). I'm not quite as impressed with these as I am the blushes, although they're not horrible by any means. They both have a very dry texture (Rose more so than Burgundy), but as long as you apply them to nicely moisturised lips, I find they go on ok. The rubbish weather we have at the minute means my lips are dry a lot of the time, but when spring finally rolls around, I'm sure I'll get more use out of these.

Have you tried any NYX products before? What are your favourites?

No comments:

Post a Comment